I saw this list of questions over at Ministry Design Concepts. It’s based on work from Kevin Ford. It’s a good list. I’ve heard versions of these questions before, but asking them all together, at one time, could be powerful. And, as I think about it for the churches I’ve served and attended, I’m not sure I could answer “yes” to all of them. In fact, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t.
1. Would the neighbors around your church say, “We’re glad this church is here,” even if they don’t attend?
2. If your church relocated, would anyone care?
3. Are your members actively reaching out to their friends, neighbors, and coworkers?
4. Do your members show genuine concern for those who don’t know Christ?
5. Do your outreach efforts generate a personal investment that goes beyond a financial contribution?