This list is from Rev. Emily Heath over at Huffington Post and it’s very appropriate to the missional discussion. She writes:
The Pentecost story reminds us that witnessing to Christ is not about our own convenience. It’s about being radically transformed by the Holy Spirit so that we can speak the language (literally and metaphorically) of those God wants us to love and serve. Pentecost reminds us that we cannot sit ideally back and wait for people to learn our ways. We have to be the ones who learn new ways.
The following are her bullet points, which she fleshes out in the full article, linked above:
1. Check out your social media presence.
2. Get out in your community.
3. Enable your pastor to get out in your community.
4. Don’t assume everyone knows your insider language.
5. Be willing to keep being transformed.